Take pride in your work? We're seeking a Groundskeeper to join our team. This 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday position starts at $13/hour. Submit your resume below for consideration.
Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
1. Removes debris from walks, lawns, and parking lots by hand and operating power vacuum sweeper. Empties trash cans and ashtrays on campus grounds.
2. Maintains outside premises in an attractive and safe condition. Clears leaves, cuts grass, pulls weeds and trims shrubs, trees, and edges lawn.
3. Operates power equipment (i.e. chainsaws, blowers, mowers, etc.).
4. Performs landscaping responsibilities to lawn areas. Transplants, removes and plants flowers, trees and bushes. Applies mulch to landscaped areas. Waters grass, flowers shrubs and bushes as necessary. Under the supervision of the licensee, applies fertilizer, plant food, and weed killers as appropriate.
5. Utilizes shovels, snow blowers, tractors and trucks for snow removal. Clears walks, stairs, parking lots and roadways of ice and snow. Applies salt, calcium and sand to various areas to melt ice and provide safer conditions.
6. Participates in planning and building phases of construction on campus grounds. Prepares and trenches construction site.
7. Paints, seals pavement, installs signs and performs general cleaning responsibilities to maintain sidewalks, parking lots, roads and building exteriors.
8. Performs preventive maintenance and repair of grounds equipment. Assembles, repairs, and assists in installation of structures such as exterior furniture, light poles and walls.
9. Provides general maintenance support and assists with set-up during special events.
10. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
1. 1-3 years landscaping experience
2. High school diploma or GED
3. Must have a good history of job dependability and performance.
4. Must practice punctuality and strong troubleshooting skills.
5. Easily lift 50+ pounds.
6. Must have own vehicle and driver's license.